The Veterans Admin has set their dates for 2019. The 3rd Thursday of every month.
Please contact the Veterans Administration directly for exact dates and times at 1-785-625-8532.
Come in, let us set you up for a Norton Public Library Card, or a State Library Card..( it’s super simple)….. and open up the possibilities!!! 🙂
- New Reception Area furniture, made possible by the Della Connell Estate!
- Have Kids? then you need to check out our Summer Reading Program!!! Sign up to read, and win prizes!! Also, we have many children’s programs. Just stop at the front desk for a schedule of our children’s programming,( Lego Club, Chess Club, Mother Goose, Art Club, Storytime!) and our Summer Reading Program presenters!
- Our new Patron Computers, made possible by a grant from the Dane G. Hansen Foundation.
- The Laminator – able to laminate up to 27″ wide! The charge? = only $1 per foot!!!
- The 3D printer,compliments of NWKLS! FREE to use, fun to watch, super fascinating!!
- Public Copy, Scan, and Fax – prices available at the front desk.
- FREE Wi-Fi, (courtesy of Nex Tech!) just come in and use your device, soak up the Wi-Fi, and download FREE e- books from the Sunflower E Library!, HOOPLA, AND SEVERAL OTHERS!
- Thousands of BOOKS!!, C.D.’S, DVD’S, games, etc !! FREE!!! You just need a library card!
- The Community Room can be rented for only $15.00 per day. We have a new projection system in the Community Room!
- Our Genealogy Room – countless pieces and artifacts of Norton, and Kansas history!
- The Art Gallery – Ashley Karnopp has her wonderful paintings, and pottery on display! a must see!
- The North Display Case – Cindy Cullumber has many BEAUTIFUL Josef Figurines! Gorgeous!
- The South Display Case – Nortonopoly game board, come see how cool it is!
- The Teen Area Display Case – Now contains the Lego Display from the Seamon Family!! Super Super Cool!! A must see!
- The Center Display Case – Always contains our genius Lego creations from Lego Club!
- We now have a new E- Newsletter that you can sign up for. Just pop in, and sign up at the front desk.
- Inter-Library Loan – If we can’t find it here in our library… we’ll ask another Library in the state to loan it to us, so you can read it! No charge, totally free! (fines do occur for non return).
- Our Book Club is always open for new members, they meet every second Tuesday of the month @ 6:30 p.m., right here in the Community Room of the Library! Just read the next book on the list, and show up to visit about it!! A super fun group of people, you would totally enjoy yourself!! ( the book list can be found on this page, in the top menu under Book Club).
- The Dolly Parton Imagination Library!! for children under 5 years old, who live in Norton County. Parents must have a valid address, phone number, and email address…we have now opened up the ‘online’ registration..so feel free to go online and register at Dolly Parton Imagination Library, or come in, and fill out an application. This is a great program, free books for your child, from birth to age five. Another wonderful thing from the Dane G. Hansen Foundation.
- Our new Teen Area is open, and ready for business!! A quiet little nook for teens to do homework, study, watch a movie, soak up some Wi-Fi…or just sit and visit!! Groups also meet in this super cool area!
- Our friendly, wonderful, helpful, knowledgeable STAFF!!!!
We always strive to make your Library a wonderful place to be….. Please let us know what we can do to make your experience more enjoyable!!!!!