- Reception Area furniture, made possible by the Della Connell Estate!
- Have Kids? then you need to check out our Summer Reading Program!!! Sign up to read, and win prizes!! Also, we have many children’s programs. Just stop at the front desk for a schedule of our children’s programming,( Lego Club, Chess Club, Mother Goose, Art Club, Storytime!) and our Summer Reading Program presenters! cancelled due to Covid 19.
- Our new Patron Computers, made possible by a grant from the Dane G. Hansen Foundation.
- The Laminator – able to laminate up to 27″ wide! The charge? = only $1 per foot!!!
- The 3D printer,compliments of NWKLS! FREE to use, fun to watch, super fascinating!!
- Public Copy, Scan, and Fax – prices available at the front desk.
- FREE Wi-Fi, (courtesy of Nex Tech!) just come in and use your device, soak up the Wi-Fi, and download FREE e- books from the Sunflower E Library!, HOOPLA, and several others! COMING SOON…. THE MI-FI PROJECT! Personal hot spots that you can check out, and take home!
- Thousands of BOOKS!!, C.D.’S, DVD’S, games, etc !! FREE!!! You just need a library card!
- The Community Room can be rented for only $15.00 per day. We have a new projection system in the Community Room!
- Our Genealogy Room – countless pieces and artifacts of Norton, and Kansas history!
- The Art Gallery – Come see the Incredible Art Work from the Phyllis Braun Family!!!
- North Display Case – Currently not occupied due to Covid 19.
- The South Display Case – Currently not occupied due to Covid 19.
- The Teen Area Display Case – Now displaying many of the items/props from the Deathly Hollows Escape Room from October 2019!!
- The Center Display Case – Always contains our genius Lego creations from Lego Club!
- We now have a new E- Newsletter that you can sign up for. Just pop in, and sign up at the front desk.
- Inter-Library Loan – If we can’t find it here in our library… we’ll ask another Library in the state to loan it to us, so you can read it! No charge, totally free! (fines do occur for non return).
- Our Book Club is always open for new members, they meet every second Tuesday of the month @ 6:30 p.m., right here in the Community Room of the Library! Just read the next book on the list, and show up to visit about it!! No sign up required! A super fun group of people, you would totally enjoy yourself!! ( the book list can be found on this page, in the top menu under Book Club).
- The Dolly Parton Imagination Library!! for children under 5 years old, who live in Norton County, with their parents. Parents must have a valid address, phone number, and email address…we have now opened up the ‘online’ registration..so feel free to go online and register at Dolly Parton Imagination Library, or come in, and fill out an application. This is a great program, free books for your child, from birth to age five. Another wonderful thing from the Dane G. Hansen Foundation.
- Our Teen Area is open, and ready for business!! A quiet little nook for teens to do homework, study, watch a movie, soak up some Wi-Fi…or just sit and visit!! Groups also meet in this super cool area!
- Our friendly, wonderful, helpful, knowledgeable STAFF!!!!
Also visit our Escape Room You Tube video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1Gjpn3_8q8
be sure and check out the bloopers at the end of the video! Miss Emily is so funny!!! 🙂
ALSO CHECK OUT YOUTUBE VIDEO “NPL STORYTIME”: ” GIVE BEES A CHANCE” TO HEAR A STORY TOLD BY OUR CHILDREN’S LIBRARIAN, EMILY WINGE!!!!!!!!! JUST CLICK ON THE LINK!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EyDxv33Pss